If someone would like to take pictures and screenshots of the process for me that I can put into the guide, that would be great. Since I do not have a running Windows computer at the moment I can’t make them myself. (post a comment and I will contact you). This line will be removed once I have the pictures i need.
Some guys a reddit.com requested that I made a quick guide on how to flash a LSI Megaraid M1015 SAS/SATA controller for pass-through firmware.
This guide will be on how to flash it for pass-through OR raid functions, since it’s the same method but with two different files.
I will supply you with the files needed as well.
What you need to flash the Megaraid M1015
You will need the following:
- A Windows XP/vista/7 computer (I have only tested on Windows 7)
- Package containing the firmware and tools for flashing, you can download it here
- A USB stick (I Think 256MB is more than enough), it should not contain any data, since we need to format it!
- This program (hp flashing utility, easy way to make bootable usb DOS usb stick)
- Win98 boot files, you can download that here
That’s all you need except for the raid controller itself and a computer/server to install it in!